Saturday, October 01, 2005

Concerning Mr. Bennett's "F"

What's worse, Bennett's "F" or his follow up ?

On September 30th, former Secretary of Education and radio talk show host (I-wonder-for-how long ?) Bill Bennett said on live radio that if "you wanted to reduce crime ... if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down." Bennett conceded that aborting all African-American babies "would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do," then added again, "but the crime rate would go down."...

Later in the day when he [Bennett] was asked if he owed people an apology, he replied, "I don't think I do. I think people who misrepresented my view owe me an apology." his arrogance has spoken,...all yield.

Bennett's "Morning in America" airs (or is that aired?) on approximately 115 radio stations with an estimated weekly audience of 1.25 million listeners.

No comments: